Make /Tools Your Home | Link to us

Today's posts | Posts since last visit | Most Active Topics

All Forums Register Login Search Subscriptions My Profile Inbox
Tool Warehouse FAQs Resources Help Member List Address Book Logout

PHP for Apache 2.0

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [SFU / Interix / SUA Technology] >> Tools Discussion Forum >> PHP for Apache 2.0 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PHP for Apache 2.0 - Feb. 1, '04, 9:07:04 PM   
Troy_N_Dramble

I have recently installed SFU 3.5 on my Windows XP Pro machine. I have many tools from this site up and working great. I would love to add PHP most of all, and possibly MySQL, which isn' t as big od a deal. Does anybody know of anyway I can get PHP to work in SFU for Apache 2.0? I would love the help. Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: PHP for Apache 2.0 - Feb. 2, '04, 8:43:45 AM   
Troy_N_Dramble

I guess I' ll add some detail. After running ./confiure for the php source, I run make, which doesn' t get through. It ends with, what seems to originate with, sys/poll.h: no such file or directory. The MySQL source doesn' t come close to compiling either. I' m not too familliar with all this so I would really love some help.

(in reply to Troy_N_Dramble)
Post #: 2
RE: PHP for Apache 2.0 - Feb. 2, '04, 9:57:16 AM   
markfunk

Porting mysql is not trivial. I attempted to port v4.0.16 and after several days I got it to " run" but I don' t think its working completely right yet. I' m only able to access the " test" databases, but no other databases. I' m not familiar enough with mysql to understand how the permissions and authorizations are supposed to work. I suspect there are definitely some (getuid() == 0) expressions that need to be found and fixed for Interix.

If there are any MySQL experts out there, I' d love to talk to you. Expecially if you are familiar with the source code.

Anyway, to solve your current problem with PHP - rename /usr/include/poll.h to something else (like /usr/include/poll.orig.h.)
poll.h should never have been distributed with Interix because it is not functional for almost all files. (this was my fault - I should have recognized this problem and never allowed this to be released)

This may not solve your problem because configure may still attempt to find the poll() api in libc.a.
In this case, you' ll need to edit the config.h (after configure runs) and do #undef HAVE_POLL

Post #: 3
RE: PHP for Apache 2.0 - Feb. 3, '04, 12:33:35 AM   
Troy_N_Dramble

I tried your suggestion, and it fixed that error, but I still have a bunch of undeclared variables that stop the compile. I am trying with MS SQL now and the jpeg lib. I gave up on MySQL, I could always install it in windows. Anything you know of that' s messing up my php. I compiled the apache 2.0 Interix with --enable-so

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [SFU / Interix / SUA Technology] >> Tools Discussion Forum >> PHP for Apache 2.0 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Search All Forums -