Make /Tools Your Home | Link to us

Today's posts | Posts since last visit | Most Active Topics

All Forums Register Login Search Subscriptions My Profile Inbox
Tool Warehouse FAQs Resources Help Member List Address Book Logout

Maximum Password Age

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Windows - UNIX Interop] >> System & Network Admin Forum >> Maximum Password Age Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Maximum Password Age - Nov. 10, '05, 11:26:53 AM   
trad3rj03

Symantec's ESM product is showing invalid maximum password age. The maximum password age for expiring (user accounts) is supposed to be 90 days. However, non-expiring accounts obviously do not need to have an expiration date. I have a scenario where a mixture of these (generic and user) accounts are not configured with the max password age. Obviously, the generics if given a maximum password age will become expiring accounts so for now they are out of scope. However for the multitude of accounts that are user owned, the policy needs to be implemented to assure that they all are expiring after 90 days or need a password reset. Problem is that there are about 2000 or so accounts on a multitude of servers. So I was hoping to make the global configuration change to the server, to automatically set the user accounts to implicitly use the default configuration in the event upon initial configuration they were not given a maximum password age. The subsequent problem will be the fact that generics will automatically also become expring accounts. Is there a way to do a global change only for user accounts and not generics? Looking at the Admintool GUI for user administration, the way the generics appear to be configured is basically by leaving the configuration information blank for (Min change, max change, max inactive, expiration date, and warning). Is there a way to explicitly configure generics to be non-expiring without leaving these fields blank? Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Maximum Password Age - Nov. 10, '05, 12:52:57 PM   
Rodney

I got lost in there... what do you mean by "generic" accounts?

The focus of the forums here is with SFU/Interix. Not much to do with Symantec.

(in reply to trad3rj03)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Windows - UNIX Interop] >> System & Network Admin Forum >> Maximum Password Age Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Search All Forums -