Make /Tools Your Home | Link to us

Today's posts | Posts since last visit | Most Active Topics

All Forums Register Login Search Subscriptions My Profile Inbox
Tool Warehouse FAQs Resources Help Member List Address Book Logout

socket /port issue with SUA only,

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [SFU / Interix / SUA Technology] >> Windows Server 2003 R2 SUA >> socket /port issue with SUA only, Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
socket /port issue with SUA only, - Mar. 11, '06, 5:43:09 AM   
shailishi

I am ported some code to windows SFU and it worked fine but when i tried to run the same code in Windows2003 R2 SUA, i am getting weired issue. The code is actually a client /server kind of thing and uses pthread library. The server is able to recieve connection from mutliple client but can read data from only the client who created the connection first and select system call shows unexpected behaviour regarding status of sockets. The code is Ok since its working fine on SFU with windows 2000. I am not sure if thre is some problem with the SUA or i am missing somehing. Please reply
Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: socket /port issue with SUA only, - Mar. 11, '06, 9:55:42 PM   
breiter

I just discovered that select(2) ignores the timeout argument and does not block. Sounds like the issue might be related.

(in reply to shailishi)
Post #: 2
RE: socket /port issue with SUA only, - Mar. 12, '06, 4:27:53 AM   
shailishi

Yes, i guess so....i saw very similiar unexpected behaviour for my case too. The select returns socket is ready to read but recv gets blocked and does not returns something. And also if i am making sockets nonblocking, situation is worst now. Now i can see some data coming on my sockets but i am getting same data again and again. Also not only same data ...but it creates the same connection on the sockets again and again.
FYI: this code works very well in SFU/Interix 3.5 without any changes & probelm
Do i need to set some option for the sockets ...very specific to Windows2003/SUA...
Thanks

(in reply to shailishi)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [SFU / Interix / SUA Technology] >> Windows Server 2003 R2 SUA >> socket /port issue with SUA only, Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Search All Forums -